Friday, February 24, 2012

Taming the Toungue

Hey guys,

This Sunday we will be continuing our study through James by exposing James 3 to the group.

  This should be a good and challenging study as it is encouraging and convicting at the same time. But hey that's what we are all about right? Letting the Word of God speak to us for change? right? okay good!

Also last Wednesday we had a quick little intro into Ephesians 6: 10-20 on the "whole armor of God."

       Any thoughts?

               Any striking feelings?

                        Lets get a discussion going on this topic as we go through our weeks together and see what this passage can mean for us.

See you guys Sunday morning!
-kyle



2 comments:

  1. Personally, when I think of the armor of God, I think of a children's book I read when I was younger that told a story about two kids who "fell" into another land and were faced with temptations and difficulties symbolic of Christian's journey. In one of their adventures, they end up in a ravine wearing the physical armor, fighting fire darts and mini devil-dragons. Long backstory aside, I have always thought of this passage in simple terms or in abstract ways. But I have never considered it a call to action, which I am now realizing. I need to be truthful, righteous, ready to share the gospel, faithful, conscious of my salvation, and open to the Holy Spirit. Just like in every medieval novel, we are the knights dressed in armor. And we have one great Quest. And one amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really awesome Chris!
    I'm glad you are seeing that for the FIRST TIME! It's exciting right? That scripture is ACTUALLY calling us to DO something! They are not just words, they are truths and actions. I realized how serious this passage was in terms of calling us "to arms" when I lived and did crazy ministries in India. We ,as a ministry team, would meet up every morning before and stand in a circle and one person would read this passage out loud and we would feel as if we were ACTUALLY putting on the armor...and truth be told....WE WERE! We all need this EVERY day! to see His truth and use it, to be protected by His promises and actually know of the full assurance we can have in His promises. It's all sweet man!

    ReplyDelete